Monday 7 May 2012

Out with the old.


This is the stump. as you can see the guy who cut it down did a very clean job



I arrived at the allotment to discover that the cherry tree had disappeared. All that was left was the stump. I started to dig the soil but kept hitting roots. So I started to dig up the stump. It took about 2 hours but the results seen to be worth it.

The old site might be free of water but the soil that we dug (2 spades deep) is the consistency of quick sand. The chap from the next plot stepped into our old patch and lost both of his boots


I took a photo inside the shed of the neighbour. As you can see all of his tools are floating in the water. thankfully our shed was high enough not to get wet inside from the river however the rain did come in through the wooden slats of the walls so everything inside was wet.

I have noticed that the old leaks on my new site have been eaten quite badly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here